background

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Running with God

I have always loved running. I know..weird. I don't know what it is that draws me to it, but I always feel like I have REALLY accomplished something after working out. What I love the most about it is that it is something I do by myself. I have tried running/working out with others before and I absolutely hate it. I either get distracted or feel like I have to go at someone else's pace other than my own. It is kind of my time all to myself.

These days it has been a valuable time for to spend time with God. Lately I have been so focused on what figuring out what God's plan is for me..and it is in these moments outside that I have been able to voice these thoughts to Him. It has been awesome.

Some of my favorite songs on my iPod:
I Saw What I Saw~Sara Groves
Add to the Beauty~Sara Groves
When the Saints~Sara Groves
Walk By Faith~Jeremy Camp
Praise You In This Storm~Casting Crowns

Sara Groves has become one of my most favorite artists. She has such a heart for social justice and her song lyrics attest to that. I will definitly be writing later about her songs.

Off to bed for now..xoxo

2 comments:

Terri Anne said...

Hey Colleen,
I have a list of blogs I check every few days, and it occurred to me the other day 'Hey, Colleen started a blog'... so I had to go find it so I was sure to add it to my list so I would remember to check it. What a beautiful heart you have :-). Those songs are all on my ipod too... I love Sara Groves... so powerful. Thank you for sharing your heart.
Love,
Terri Anne

Kimberly said...

Two thumbs up to your song list! Love them all! Hope to see you in Boston next week while we're there! :)